August 4, 2016

My anime menu for summer 2016

I'm maybe a bit late with sharing this since some of the series have been airing for a month already, but at least I've had some time to watch more than a few episodes ^^;

Previously I shared my "anime menu" for spring 2016. Once again, I recommend checking out Anichart to see which series are currently airing and which are going to air later, in case you're looking for some anime to watch~

Feel free to share your own favorites from this season too! ^3^

Love Live! Sunshine!!

Current Progress: 5/??

Being a big fan of Love Live and the original characters, I had a bit mixed feelings about this new series with different characters... But I have to say that I've enjoyed the episodes a lot! The characters have slowly started growing on me (my favorite girls at the moment are Dia and Kanan :3) and I'm looking forward to seeing how their journey goes. It's adorable how there are many mentions to μ's, like posters on the walls, clips of their performances, etc.

B-PROJECT: Kodou Ambitious

Current Progress: 4/12

I like idol anime, so naturally this series got added to my watchlist right away. I watched the first few episodes and thought that "oh, this is really similar to Uta no Prince-sama", but after doing some research I found out that the both series are actually from the same creators! So that explains the similarity XD The series has been fun so far and I'm a bit sad that it's going to be only 12 episodes... I could imagine this being quite popular in Japan, so hopefully there'll be at least a second season ;3;

Btw, my favorite characters are Goushi, Tatsuhiro and Tomohisa~ ♥

Show By Rock!! Short!!

Current Progress: 2/12

Having watched the Show By Rock series, I obviously was interested in seeing these short episodes as well. There doesn't seem to be any plot, they're just random events of the characters' lives. A second season of Show By Rock is going to start airing this autumn, so excited about that >3<

Bananya

Current Progress: 3/??

Cats in bananas has to be one of the silliest things ever X'D These are short 3-minute episodes and probably directed more at kids, but I find the series fun to watch and also a great way to learn some Japanese!

Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen

Current Progress: 3/12 (Mirai-hen) & 3/12 (Zetsubou-hen) 

I really enjoyed the anime adaption of the first game and was curious about this new series as well, it's apparently not based on any of the games and a completely original new story! I try not to bond with any of the characters, since they are dying one by one and it's be hard for me if I find favorites and they die XD

The anime is split into two Arcs; Mirai-hen is a sequel to the Danganronpa 2 game, while Zetsubou-hen tells the background story of some of the characters. They're meant to be watched side by side (episode 1 of Mirai-hen, then episode 1 of Zetsubou-hen, then episode 2 of Mirai-hen, and so on).

10 comments:

  1. These are some interesting choices! Sooner and later I will have to watch Love Live and find out what it is about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do watch Love Live at some point, I'd love to know what you think of it :3

      Delete
  2. Cats in bananas! That is bananas! Mutta todella hauskaa! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah sinäpä sen sanoit :D Mutta hauska idea se on tosiaan!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing these! I love finding new anime! B-PROJECT sounds like something I would be interested in. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem~ I love discussing different anime series and finding some new things to watch too :3 I've been enjoying B-Project a lot so far, I totally recommend it if you're usually into that kind of anime~

      Delete
  4. Kissat ja banaanit. *__* Ihmeellinen idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for always sharing interesting and cool stuff *///* I wish my blog would be as nice as yours ^///^
    Anyways as I am soon finished with the 2. season of Love Live, I can see your point SO well... still I havent't seen this season with the new girls and probably miss the "old" team which just grew on my heart. So your words relief me a bit and maybe I will also give it a try even though I am really unsure what to think about >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem dear, I'm happy if these posts are even somehow useful ^w^ And bawww, your blog is really nice already!! ♥
      I do recommend checking out Love Live Sunshine, the new girls are cute too and I find the series fun :3 I'm not as keen on the new characters as the old ones, but I think I slowly grow to love them more~

      Delete