I was given Liebster award by Kotoko, thank you so much for the tag :3
The rules and questions were originally in Finnish, but since I want to write my blog in English only so that everyone can understand what I write, I translated everything to English. I hope you don't mind, Kotoko! :3 I tried to Google for the "official" English version of these rules to avoid any grammar mistakes, but there are apparently a few different variations of this tag so I had to translate some parts myself. Hope that there aren't any stupid mistakes and the rules are easy to understand ^^;
1. Thank the person who presented you the award and link back to their blog.
2. Post the award image on your blog.
3. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter.
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs with less than 200 followers.
5. Create 11 questions for the nominees to answer.
6. List these rules in your post.
7. Inform the people you chose of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog and link them your post.
Kotoko's 11 questions to me:1. Do you have a favorite doll/dolls?
I could never name just a few favorites from my dolls... Some might get more attention than others and there are times when I get really inspired by some doll and give it a lot of attention, you could say that my favorites change from time to time.
2. Does one of your dolls get special attention? (for example, new clothes and photo time more than the others)
Well, lately I've been giving a lot of attention to Susu (DDS Mariko) and she's been spoiled ever since she arrived... Who gets the most attention highly depends on what inspires me at the time.
3. Does some nice doll get very little attention? Why?
The first thing that comes to mind are my boys :I There's a reason why I have a horde of girls and only a few boys - male characters are somehow more difficult for me and don't inspire me as much as the girls do, thus they get quite little attention. This is a bit weird, since I do love Sarg's male dolls a lot and love taking pictures of them with my girls. My poor boys are often quite neglected ;___; I also don't enjoy sewing male clothing (pants </3) as much as I enjoy sewing dresses, corsets and other female clothing, so the boys rarely get any new clothes too. I still don't want to let go of the few guys that I have home and do like them, every now and then I give them at least some of the attention they deserve.
4. Have you passed on getting some doll/doll-related item and regretted it afterwards?
Oh yes, many times ^^; This has happened often with limited releases. There are also times when I've contemplated whether or not I should buy something and once I finally make up my mind, the thing is sold out / the pre-order period is over.
5. Why you started a blog?
I had read other people's doll blogs and thought that it might be fun to have my own too. It was also great to be able to have all my photoshoots, stories, character plans and other ramblings in one place. Nowadays when I'm also into other dolls and figures besides BJDs, I enjoy writing about them here too. I never expected that people would actually be interested in reading my blog ^^;
6. Does blogging have any advantages? What about disadvantages?
Hmm I'm not sure what to answer on this one D: I guess it's an advantage that I can write about anything I like and have everything related to my hobby in this one place? I also feel like blogging has been a great way to get to know other people with similar interests. Right now I can't really think of any disadvantages besides blogging taking a lot of time sometimes, but since it's something I love doing, I don't really consider it as a real disadvantage either...
7. Do you have more than one blog?
Nope, just this one :)
8. Do your relatives and IRL acquaintances know about your doll hobby?
I don't go around shouting about my hobbies to everyone, but those who saw my room (back when I lived at my parents) obviously saw my dolls as well and asked about what they were and so on. My super talkative mom especially likes to show my doll stuff to our relatives and the people she works with, she's always asking me to send her photos of my dolls and sewing stuff that she could show them :'D Unless someone specifically starts asking about my hobbies (photography and sewing -> what do I take photos of and what do I sew -> dolls...), I rarely start conversations about them to people I don't know so well. If it feels like someone is genuinely interested, I might go into a bit more detail, but if people have typical "Why does an adult play with dolls?" attitudes, I just try to change the subject since I don't like arguing about it with people who I know wouldn't understand anyway u_u
9. Besides dolls/figures/toys, do you have any other hobbies?
All of my current hobbies are pretty much centered around dolls and figures. I used to take dancing lessons (mainly modern dance and ballet) for 12 years, starting when I was just 3 years old and quit when I was 15 since I was being bullied and that ruined the hobby for me. I also took some riding lessons during a few years, but quit that as a teenager as well. I got my dog at the time and all of my free time went to training the puppy and spending time with her :)
10. If you could start a new hobby, what would it be?
I miss dancing every now and then, it would be fun to try out some form of it. Pole dancing and belly dancing have interested me for quite some time, but I've been too shy to try going to any lessons ; //// ;
11. What kind of wishes do you have for 2016?
Nothing special, I just hope it'll be a good year and that I'd be able to spend a lot of time with my family and friends :)
My questions to the people I chose:1. Do you prefer enjoying the hobby by yourself or by socializing a lot with other people (meet-ups etc.)?
2. Do you ever take a doll with you when you travel?
3. Is there any doll/figure that you didn't like at first, but then later fell in love with?
4. If you miss a limited doll, do you want to hunt down that exact one or wait for new similar releases ?
5. Have you ever thought of quitting the hobby? If so, why?
6. What company has impressed you the most and why?
7. If you had to get a doll of some existing anime/movie/game/other character, who would it be?
8. Do you prefer male or female dolls/figures?
9. What is the most memorable comment that you've gotten about your hobby?
10. Which one do you enjoy more - reading or watching TV/movies?
11. If you had your own doll company, what kind of dolls would you make?
And the people I'm giving this award to are:
Tiinyan from Pureneemo Diaries
Musume from My Dolly Adventures
Alejandra from Fantasywoods
Irene from Caketown
Elina from The Fair Children
Alasse from Inn of the Wayward Misfits