January 16, 2015

Tony the Toad arrives

A few days ago I received a letter from the customs about an EMS package from "KOOM, Korea"... It weighed only 0,4 kilos and I hadn't ordered anything neither by EMS nor from Korea, so I realized that it must be my photo contest prize from SOOM, lol XD Sarg received her prize too, she got the most amazing eyes that her grey skin Hyperon is going to use!

When me and Sarg entered the contest, I joked that if either of us by any chance happens to win, let's name the doll as "Tony the Toad"... So, Tony he is XD Tony Spark. He'll get cute little aristocrat clothes and hopefully a nice tophat from Sarg! We already have cute photoshoot ideas for him, though for some of those we need to wait until summer comes >3<

So yeah, here comes a little box opening! He's a Soom Toad in light green resin :)

He came in a very manly box XD

Yaaay I got a blue matryoshka doll pouch!! I'm sure they're mind-readers at Soom, since they seem to know what gender the doll's character is and send the right pouch color, even though the dolls are actually genderless... I've seen a Chici that was sent in a blue pouch and it's a boy, mine is a girl and got the pink pouch XD Creepy hahah

There was a little resin crown in that bubblewrapper, I forgot to take a photo ;___; I didn't know that they'd include the crown with the doll, it was a lovely surprise~ I guess Tony is a frog prince then ;3

Just look how cute he is and so full of personality, even as a blank doll! I was a bit afraid about how I'd feel about the body, since I really don't like it on the other animals Soom has released, they look too chubby for my taste... But I think this body is perfect for a frog, so it doesn't bother me anymore :3 In fact, I'm loving him so much already, even though I never expected to get a doll like him~

I don't have any proper eyes for him yet, these were just an extra pair that I had. According to Soom Toad uses 16mm eyes, but these are 14mm and I think they work well... I'm not even sure if 16mm would fit since even these were a tight fit o_o Anyways, I'll need to figure out what size and color I want for him and then order some :) Meanwhile I can make him some clothes and get him a faceup and some blushing (with help from Sarg ♥).

Hopefully I can share more photos of Tony soon ^^

14 comments:

  1. yay!! I'm glad they sent him so fast and that you got the greenskin one and the crown *u*!!!
    Are you really going to call him Tony Spark? XD lol so cute

    The doll pouch is super cute, this is the first time I see how they send their animal dolls :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing Soom, I was expecting that they'd take quite a while to send him, but it seems that they were surprisingly fast with the contest prizes :) I'm really happy with this green one, for a second I was afraid that they might send me a black one or something lol, since they did say "random color" XD Oh yes he is Tony Spark hahah, I guess he's a parody character of Iron Man or something lol

      Oh yes they send these smallest dolls in those cute pouches! ♥ I have a photo of the pink one that Chici came in XD

      Delete
  2. He is so cute!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, what a cutie! Those little hands are so lovely <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh yes I love his hands XD For such a small doll they're very detailed~

      Delete
  4. Such an adorable little frog cutie, can't wait to see the little prince complete with clothes and faceup. :) And such a little chubby body, it looks just perfect, so I understand why you've fallen in love with him. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I hope I can get him finished soon-ish <3 I'm surprised how much I actually like this body now that I've seen it IRL~

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the arrival! I never knew Soom did pets as well. The green resin is a pretty lovely green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      They've only made a few pets and they don't seem that popular compared to their other dolls, so I'm not surprised that not many people even know about them. Plus they make new releases in such a fast pace that it's easy to miss things ^^;

      Delete
  6. That is possibly the cutest packaging ever! Gotta love Soom (and that typo in the letter... too funny XD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think so too! XD If only the bigger dolls were packaged as cutely as these smaller ones~

      The customs make so funny typos in their letters sometimes lol...

      Delete
  7. Awww, he's adorable! ^^ Congrats, I look forward to more photos of him!

    I have to say that when I saw the promotional pictures of this frog from Soom I thought "Meh.." But he looks so much cuter in your pics! *__* Now I think he's a wonderful little guy~ :3 Gotta love the shape of that mouth, it makes him look so cheeky! x3 (heh, I love the oddest little things on BJDs...)

    I agree with you, that body suits him well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^^ I hope he gets painted soon so I can take more photos~ Sarg took him last weekend, but I forgot an airbrush paint we bought to my bag, lol X'D Need to wait until weekend so I can give her the paint and then she can get started on airbrushing him~

      I looove that mouth shape too hahah, he looks so cheerful XD I wasn't a big fan of the promotional pictures either and I probably would've never gotten a frog BJD if I hadn't won him from this contest. But I'm really happy that I did, he's a beloved member of the doll family already ♥

      Delete