March 19, 2015

Tony's first outing

Remember Tony the Toad? :D He is finally ready with a faceup, body painting and a set of clothes ♥ I can't believe it's already been two months since I got him, time surely flies! D: Sarg is responsible for painting him and didn't she do just great job! ♥ Outfit is made by me, minus the frilly jabot that Sarg made~

So, I took Tony out for his first proper photos a couple of days ago~ I found him quite difficult to photograph from different angles without changing the position of his eyes >.< I had to pay a lot of attention to finding the best angle to shoot, from most angles his eyes looked starey and just.. weird ^^; He's currently wearing 16mm Soom silicone eyes, which are pretty much the only thing that seems to fit properly due to the way his eye sockets are sculpted... I don't have other dolls that wear the same size of eyes, so I can't do much comparing to find out if different eyes would look better and make it easier to take photos. For now, I'll either just have to use the few angles that look good or change the position of his eyes for every different angle hahah XD

Despite this little "problem", I'm loving him so much and really happy with the way he turned out~ I have some fun photoshoot ideas for him, but we'll see how long it'll take before I manage to carry them out X'D

I hope you'll enjoy these photos of my little frog prince! ♥





12 comments:

  1. ≥www≤ Niin ihanat ja onnistuneet kuvat sekä nuo vaatteet❤ !! Pikku sammakko on oikein sööttinä ^^~
    ewe' Ei en oo kommentoinut sun edelliseen postaukseen ^^; Mutta siis niin kauniita figuja olit ostanu ja kaikkee *3* ❤ YuY Ja varsinkin Se Love Live nendoroidisi !<3<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitoksia paljon~ Hauska veijari on kyllä tämä, pistää väkisin hymyilemään ^^
      Hahah aww X'D Kiva kun tuo loottipostauskin oli mieleen! Love Live Nendoista teen varmaan jotain vähän tarkempaa postausta myöhemmin kun sellaista on toivettu~

      Delete
  2. That last photo is my favorite--you and Sarq made him so adorable! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that's my favorite photo too ♥ I just love how the sun made the colors look like autumn~ And thank you ^^

      Delete
  3. Awww, he's a cutiepie - love how plump he is xD And gold works so well with green! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah thank you XD This plump body is just perfect for a frog character ♥ I like the gold too~ Those golden details somehow made him look more realistic, I think :3

      Delete
  4. Yaa~~ so cute x3 I love those little pants and his little crown~~ I agree, Sarq did a lovely job on him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you x3 I didn't know that Soom would send me this crown as well, but I'm happy that they did! ♥

      Delete
  5. Awesome photos! Sarg did a great job with the face up and your clothes are perfect as well, but that's nothing new to me XD
    I hope you find a way to make his eyes work better in every angle, I've always find eyes to be one of my bigger problems when it comes to dolls, I can't position them 100% right, or they look weird in some photos and I realize way too late or I just can't get the size right XD I'm a disaster, but it can also be amazing once you find the right pair :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! ♥ Hahah there surely is something new for me every time when making clothes XD I especially struggle with male clothing, pants are so hard... I'm glad I decided to go for elastic waist with Tony's pants, it would've been so difficult to get a good fit otherwise since he's so small, but has a bit "plump" belly X''D

      Yeah I hope that I'll figure out something! :) With human dolls I don't usually have bigger problems with eyes (as long as they're proper size), but since this guy is a frog... Well, it's something new for me X'D

      Delete
  6. That is so cute!!! The photos are stunning as always. Love his freckles (are those freckles?), and in the third pic he looks like a period gentleman!
    Your dolls and photos are always astounding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, I'm happy to hear that you like my photos ; //// ; ♥
      Yeah I guess the golden dots are like freckles, they give a nice texture and make him look more like a real frog XD He's really fun to pose and can look like such a little gentleman~

      Delete